Barracuda Liberty Women's Hybrid Bike
If you cannot decide whether to buy a mountain bike or a road bike, then consider the Barracuda Liberty Women's Hybrid! It takes the durability of the mountain bike, and the lighter weight and agility of a road bike to give you the perfect combination for commuting, weekend rides and more. This is the 17" size ladies' model.
The Liberty features Shimano EZ-Fire EF50 gear shifters, which are easy to use at the touch of a button whilst you keep in control of the bike. Shifting is quick and effortless, and there are 21 wide range gears to help you over any terrain.
The lightweight alloy wheels are made with A320 deep section alloy rims for strength, and 700C x 40c tyres feature a reflective sidewall stripe for safety when riding at night or in low light conditions.
Also included are poweful V-type mountain bike style brakes with short reach 3-finger brake levers ideal for all hand sizes, and all-weather alloy rim brake pads for reliable braking in all conditions.
For comfort, not only do you have an adjustable height and angle quill stem and riser handlebar, but you also have a Velo plush saddle which features a dual density gel base for enhanced all-ride comfort, complete with reflective corners.
Features and Benefits
Shimano Gear System - Features easy to use Shimano EZ-Fire shifters for safe and quick shifting in all conditions.
Step-Thru frame - The women's version of the Liberty features an easier access step-thru frame design.
Powerful V-brake - Easy to use with smooth modulation thanks to the short reach brake levers.
Alloy rims - The deep section alloy rims makes a stronger wheel with shorter spokes also saving weight, and aerodynamically better than standard flat rims.
- Frame: Alloy 6000 series hybrid frame
- Fork: 700C straight leg hybrid trekking fork
- Front Derailleur: Shimano triple chainring front mech
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano tourney 7-speed rear mech
- Number of Gears: 21 Speed (3 x 7)
- Gear Shifters: Shimano 7-speed EZ-Fire shifters
- Chainset: Plastic coated steel chainset with 3 chainrings
- Pedals: Metal caged nylon body hybrid pedals
- Bottom Bracket: Semi-sealed bottom bracket
- Brakeset: Alloy V-Brake with short reach levers
- Handlebars: Hybrid low rise handlebar
- Stem: Adjustable angle quill stem
- Grips: Velo dual density comfort profiled grips
- Headset: Semi-sealed ball bearing headset
- Saddle: Velo plush hybrid saddle with dual density base
- Bell included
- Guarantee: 1 year
How your new bicycle will be delivered
This bike is shipped 90% assembled and boxed. Inflation of the tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, saddle and seatpost may be required.
The bike is supplied with the essential tools to assemble it before riding.
The gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding. Instructions are included for basic setup and we recommend a qualified cycle technician sets up your bicycle before riding.