There’s nothing sweeter than walking into a home that smells of freshly baked cake - especially during the festive season. Luckily, we’ve got an easy Christmas cake recipe that’ll have your house smelling of Christmas in no time.
The best Christmas cake recipes are always for lovely moist fruit cake of course, not forgetting the alcohol! So get ready to feel festive as you stir up this delicious seasonal treat.
Whether you prefer making your cake in advance or tend to leave it to the last minute, this easy recipe is ideal.
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C.
2. Place the fruit in a bowl with the alcohol, grated apple, brown sugar, vanilla essence and syrup. Add the beaten eggs and stir together.
3. Add the melted butter and stir together.
4. Mix through the flour and spices, taking care not to over-mix.
5. Pour your mixture into a deep 8-inch round cake tin lined with 3 sheets of baking paper coming 2 inches above the rim.
6. Bake for 2½ to 3 hours. Check if it’s ready by pricking with a toothpick or cake tester – it should come out clean.
7. When it’s ready, brush with alcohol while still warm. Cover it lightly with foil and allow to cool.
8. When it’s cooled, you can wrap it in foil so it’s sealed tightly.
Your delicious Christmas cake will keep for up to six months in the fridge, tasting even better the longer you leave it. However, if you made it last-minute, it’s ready to enjoy right now, so you can go ahead and decorate it!
Top Tip: Use ready-rolled icing for a super speedy, super easy finish.
This simple Christmas cake recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser - enjoy!