Hammerite Metal Paint Smooth Black - 250ml
Hammerite Smooth Black Paint 250ml
Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint is specially formulated to perform as primer, undercoat and topcoat in one. Direct to rust. Easy to use. 8 year corrosion protection. Ultra tough. Stops rust. Excellent weather resistance.
- Abrade smooth surfaces and remove all loose rust and flaking paint with a wire brush.
- Remove dirt, dust, and grease with diluted detergent. Rinse with clean water and allow time to dry.
- Paint a test patch of Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth onto painted surfaces and leave for 1 hour. If there is no reaction apply Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth directly to surface.
- If there is a reaction, remove all paint before applying Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth.
- On bare zinc, aluminium and galvanised surfaces apply Hammerite Special Metals Primer before applying Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth.
- Ideal application temperature 8-25C.
- Lightly stir before use. Do not mix vigorously.
- Do not mix paint from 2 tins or mix colours.
- Brush application: Do not thin. On previously painted metal in sound condition, one coat should be sufficient. On bare/rusty metal two coats are required. Ensure that all edges and corners are adequately covered. Do not over-apply as sagging will occur.
- Conventional spray application: Thin with Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners at a ratio of 15% Thinners to Paint. Set spray gun at 25/35psi and use full fan spray at maximum volume. Apply 4 thin coats. Allow 1 hour between coats. Refer to spray equipment manufacturer's guidelines for the correct and safe use of sprayers.
- Can be applied directly onto rusty metal.
- No need for primer or undercoat.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Hammerite forms a superior barrier that not only seals out moisture but gives long lasting protection both inside and outside.
- Weight: 290g
- Dimensions: Depth 7.6cm x Width 7.6cm x Height 7.4cm