The most famous locomotive and train in the World features in this superb Hornby train set.
The striking apple green liveried class A1 "Flying Scotsman" helps to recreate those wonderful days of train travel in the 1930s when the two great railway rivals, LNER and the LMS vied for the lucrative passenger traffic between London and Scotland.
The track circuit in this set can be extended to fully complete the included MidiMat layout using additional track and accessory packs thus creating an exciting and fully functioning model railway. Additional coaches can be obtained to extend the train.
Train suitable for 2nd radius curves or greater.
Features and Benefits
- Flying Scotsman – The Flying Scotsman will need no introduction for any railway fan and this replica is a perfect to scale model of the real thing.
- Starter Set – Easy to setup and with simple instructions this set contains 3 LNER Coaches, a Hornby Midimat, track and accessories and a remote control.
- Great Value – This fantastic set offers great value with everything you need to get started on your model railway adventure.
- Dimensions:H30 x W60 x D8cm
- Operator/Livery: Apple Green
- Detailed scale model
- OO Gauge
- LNER Class A1 4-6-2 "Flying Scotsman"
- Two LNER composite coaches
- LNER brake coach
- Hornby MidiMat (1600 x 1180mm)
- 3rd Radius Starter Oval, with Track Pack A (includes point and buffer)
- Train Controller (R8250)
- Wall Plug Transformer (P9000W)
- Power Connecting Track (R8206)
- Not suitable for children under 3 years
- Adult assembly and supervision required