Please note this item is excluded from any discount by promotion code or voucher in store and online.
Make the most of your garden and outdoor space with this traditional lean to greenhouse form Mercia Garden products.
The Pent Greenhouse is the ideal building for growing your plants in. This is an extremely well built, good quality building constructed using 12mm tongue and groove cladding, 44x28mm framing, fully glazed styrene windows, one skylight window, a doorknob and turn button latch.
The door panel can be fitted to either end during construction to ensure you make the most of your greenhouse.
(Please note: Images are dressed and painted for display purposes only. All listed metric dimensions listed below include the roof overhang.
Features and Benefits
Durable – This sturdy and strong garden building is constructed from robust timber and joints giving you a long-lasting and resilient structure.
Decorate yourself – Paint, stain or leave it natural, this greenhouse gives you the chance to customise it to how you want it.
Self-assembly – This is a two-person job but can be completed without any professional help needed. All assembly instructions are included.
12mm Tongue and Groove Cladding
Fully Glazed Styrene Windows
One Skylight Window
Doorknob and turn button latch.
8x4 - Traditional Lean To Greenhouse
Internal Ridge Height
Internal Eave Height
Floor & Roof
Door opening width(All dimensions in mm
Door opening height (All dimensions in mm)
Water Based Dip Treatment
10 Year Anti Rot - Requires annual treatment with a high-quality preservative that weatherproofs and protects against rot
Rated 4 out of
Petrus Maximus from
Great value greenhouseBought this recently in the sale and found it to be excellent value. Delivery very quick and greenhouse easy to erect and finish off. Could have paid double and been happy
Date published: 2019-08-19
Rated 1 out of
A disappointing purchase of a poor quality shedThe greenhouse arrived after two months with 11 pieces damaged or missing, and other pieces split. The manufacturer has promised to replace these parts (within 21 days), save for some split pieces which I was told was a natural characteristic of the wood, and that I should fill these with wood filler.
The wood is un-tanalised softwood, very thin and flimsy and in order to qualify for the "wood rot guarantee" you have to paint it immediately (with a wood preservative) and also prove that you have re-painted it every year.
Date published: 2020-06-30
Rated 1 out of
Ali the idiot from
Do not bother!It’s poorly manufactured, nails not straight, split wood. The parts are not cut correct to size, none are labelled. The instructions are useless. Please note that you need to treat it too. Do this before you erect it. Oh well.
Date published: 2020-05-07
Rated 2 out of
Mr White from
Agree with ‘Ali the Idiot’Bought this greenhouse to replace a smaller, aluminium greenhouse that I had for nearly 20 years.
1. Purchase was easy.
2. Price was fair.
3. Although the initial delivery was cancelled on the day of delivery, the second delivery was efficient with excellent service from friendly delivery guy.
4. Turned out to be a nice size greenhouse for a small sized area.
1. Purchasing mostly the bits for a complete self build, with much more work to build than expected.
2. Instructions were missing a page. The first sign of quality control issues. (This was quickly resolved by a quick call to the service department and instructions were sent via email.)
3. None of the pieces were labelled, meaning that it was difficult to identify the correct pieces as the build progressed.
4. Wood started to sweat and warp almost immediately on delivery.
5. Construction of the greenhouse was fiddly and required a proficiency in DIY that I did not have (luckily provided by my neighbour) and I would have struggled to build it without experienced help.
6. Wood pieces incorrectly sized and not cut to required length, requiring bespoke fixing. Quality control again missing.
7. Nails protruding from some of the wooden parts needing nails to be hammered flat (continuing the theme of lack of quality control).
8. Not all wood provided had been fully protected, with some wood clearly sprayed on one side but not the other. Again a quality control issue.
9. The greenhouse is smaller than 8x4 inside, and therefore standard staging cannot be bought or used (not an issue for me as I always intended to build my own bespoke benches).
10. Very drafty and water leaks through the roof. In winter this would be a significant issue. I will therefore need to spend another weekend soon making it waterproof and reducing the numerous gaps - especially around the door.
Despite the issues, I am actually happy with the greenhouse now it is built and would have still bought had I known about my issues.
Date published: 2020-06-29
Rated 5 out of
Border terrier daddy from
Great productThis arrived a lot sooner than I thought, Great service easy to order.