The wireless transmitter and receiver used in this kit is of the latest technology, the signal is digitally encrypted and much more powerful than cheaper analogue systems which are prone to interference. The advantage of using digital is that you will get 100% interference free video and audio quality as these devices will automatically pair and channel hop if they detect a signal being used by another device such as broadband etc. This particular model is capable of transmitting over 120 metres line of sight. We can also supply optional high gain antennas for distances of 250m and upto 1km line of sight.
This Gardenature Digital Wireless Transmitter and Receiver kit is our newly developed August 2014 model, designed to be entirely weatherproof and really simple to install. Each unit has approximately 1 meter of cable which has (RCA) Audio, Video and 12v DC inputs. The transmitter also comes with a 10 metre mains cable making it ideal for outdoor and indoor camera applications where the mains plug can be upto 30ft away from the camera.
Features and Benefits
Indoors - The Receiver will connect straight to your TV via a spare Scart input (adaptor included), or Yellow & White A/V inputs. There is a 240v 12vDC plug for mains connection at the wall.
Outside - The Transmitter (and all gardenature cameras) require 12v DC power, so for a wireless kit to operate a 10 metre DC cable is supplied for connecting to a mains point outdoors, ideally located inside a shed or garage for example. This means that the overall distance from the outdoor mains location to the actual camera can be upto 10 metres, extensions available if required. The 10m cable terminates at the transmitter with two (splitter) 12v outputs, one for the camera and one for the transmitter, this eliminates the need for a separate mains supply for the camera. There is an RCA Video (yellow) and Audio (white) which connect to the camera for signal transmission.
- All gardenature camera kits arrive ready assembled, so they really are just plug and play installs.
- Frequency: 2.400GHz - 2.4835GHz Digital Data Transmission.
- Channels: Auto Pairing (maximum 4 pairs per site)
- ID Pairing: (TX) Transmitter and (RX) Receiver paired with random ID code
- Operational Range: up to 120 metres line of sight
- Auto Channel Hopping: x80 channels.
- Video and Audio
- Standard antenna omni directional 3dB
- Video Resolution 720 x 480 - 30fps
- Power: 12v DC / 1amp
- TX / RX dimensions: 159.5 x 136.4 x34.8mm (without ariel)
- Operating temp -10C > +50C
- Max Current Draw: 200mA