The 'Silent Killer'
Carbon monoxide is a highly toxic gas known as "The Silent Killer".
Carbon Monoxide is an invisible, odourless, tasteless gas which often goes undetected. Hundreds die and thousands are injured each year as a result of expose to the gas throughout the home.
Carbon Monoxide is released as a by product of a combustion process. Any household appliance that burns natural gas, coal, oil, bottled gas, paraffin, wood, petrol, diesel or charcoal will produce some levels of Carbon Monoxide.
The levels of Carbon Monoxide produced will vary depending on the type of fuel being burnt and the quality of the service and maintenance of the appliances.
Carbon Monoxide is absorbed by the red blood cells in the lungs in preference to oxygen, resulting in oxygen starvation & rapid damage to the heart & brain, which in extreme circumstances can cause death.
Protect your home & family
Below we have a range of carbon monoxide detectors, the detectors provide you with an early warning of the presence of Carbon monoxide in your home through alarm and in some models through light. Fire Alarms will not provide you with Carbon Monoxide protection therefore Carbon Monoxide detectors are a must for all homes burning fuel.
The Silent Killer