The Union 2295 2 Lever mortice sashlocks are ideal for timber doors hinged on the left or right and they keys are suitable for doors up to 54mm thick. The deadbolt is locked or unlocked by the key from either side with the latch bolt (which is reversible) withdrawn by lever handle from either side. These locks have a two-way action, suitable for lightweight knobs or sprung handles.
These locks have a 11mm aluminium deadbolt, a brass reversible latch bolt and the striking plate is finished to match the forend.
A deadlock has a single deadbolt which is locked or unlocked and locked by means of a key from either side, whereas, a sashlock has both a deadbolt and a latch which is operated from either side by a lever handles.
The security level of mortice deadlocks or sashlocks ranges from 2-5 levers. The higher the number of levers the more secure the lock is.
- Case Size: 76mm x 102mm (3in)
- Backset: 57mm This is the measurement from the edge of the door to the centre of the keyhole.
- Centre: 57mm This is the measurement from the centre of the follower, which operates the handles, to the centre of the keyhole. In the UK this is commonly 57mm.
- Pack: Boxed
- Case Steel, black powder coat
- Forend Chrome
- Striking Plate Finished to match forend
- Deadbolt Aluminium
- Latch Bolt Brass, reversible
- Follower 8mm square
- Keying Groups May be supplied to pass, differ and keyed alike with 2242
- Supplied with 2 steel nickel plated keys
- Key Blank Number Key blanks not sold separately
- Keying 20 standard differs (numbers from M21H to M40H)